Always giving thanks...for everything...(Eph 5:20)

Monday, April 26, 2010

A treasure from my home

A while back my wonderful mother-in-law gave me this box of silverware. I really love it! It has one full set, and pieces of 4-5 other sets.

At the bottom there is a small drawer with more cutlery and serving pieces.

Some of the pieces are dated and go back to 1847! That is so exciting to me. I love to think about fancy ladys having dinner or tea with these pieces. This chest of silverware is very special to me and my oldest daughter! We both love old things with history. Our house actually dates back to 1889. It used to be an old school house. However, it doesn't really look that old, it's been renovated so many times. Nevertheless, it's exciting that it was a part of the old west.



Have a good day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment