Always giving thanks...for everything...(Eph 5:20)

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Homemade flowers

I made myself some flowers yesterday. I think they came out pretty cute!

They are made of coffee filters. How cool is that! All I did was separating a bunch of them, put them in a bowl of hot water and added food coloring. I chose a red color that turned my carnation a dainty pink. I also soaked a bunch in tea water, but that is for another project.

When the filters are dry, all you do is make a hole in the middle and poke a thin stick through. Then twist the flowers and put tape at the bottom, add two more layers like this. You can shape them into carnations, poppies and even roses. This is a really cheap an fun craft! You can make wreaths, banners, bouquets or simple flowers!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment