Always giving thanks...for everything...(Eph 5:20)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Afternoon snack

With some brown bananas in the house I decided to make banana bread. I've actually never made that before! That is probably a shocker for my American readers...but because I'm Norwegian, banana bread is not something I grew up with, and I can't say I'm the biggest fan. However it is pretty tasty, and SO easy to make. I will for sure make it again!

Here is the recipe:

3-4 riped bananas (smashed)
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup flour

Preheat oven to 350f. With wooden spoon mix mashed bananas with butter. Mix sugar, egg & vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix. Add the flour last. Mix together. Pour into a 4x8 buttered pan. Bake for 1 hour. Enjoy!


We ate ours with blueberry jam!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment